Heading into treatment for addiction to drugs or alcohol is a significant decision, one that will change your life as you know it. Once you get help, you are then putting your life in the hands of a professional trained to deal with addiction. Before starting treatment, you must select a treatment center in Louisville that will work well with your unique situation. The good news is that there are several tips and steps that you can keep in mind that will help you to make the right choice.
Detoxification and Withdrawal Assistance
Detox occurs when the body starts to get rid of the substances within, such as drugs and alcohol. During detoxification, the digestive system works to remove any of the residual substances left behind. Many patients will go through physical and mental repair throughout this period, some of which will come with withdrawal symptoms that are unpleasant or painful. However, this is a part of the drug rehabilitation process that is unavoidable.
Is Medication-Assisted Treatment Necessary?
There are some cases where medically-assisted treatment might be necessary. This will depend on the level of abuse and the types of drugs involved with the addiction. All of the programs that offer medical assistance for detox will be tailored to meet the patient’s needs. This is usually most effective for people who have an addiction and physical dependence on alcohol or certain opiates, including prescription pain medications and heroin.
Tips to Keep in Mind When Selecting a Treatment Center in Louisville
The journey for recovery is not going to be the same for everyone. As you look at the different alcohol rehabs or drug treatment centers nearby, these are some things to keep in mind:
- It is often best to receive a professional assessment, either a physician or a trained substance abuse intake team.
- Take the time to research different facilities in your area, ensuring they have everything you need to get set up for success.
- Learn whether or not you need medically-assisted treatment and if the center offers it.
- Find a facility that has been operating for several years and has a good track record for success.
- Remember that you cannot always equate quality and luxury.
- There is no such thing as guaranteed long-term success when talking about rehabilitation. Be aware of any center that tells you that they guarantee you will get sober and stay that way.
No matter what, you need to have a team on your side to give you the care and support necessary to move forward into sobriety. Here at Solutions Counseling Center, we work with patients that enter voluntarily, and we offer tools and skills to help move into sober living.
If you have questions about our treatment center in Louisville and whether or not we have a program that fits in with your needs and goals, you can always reach out and talk with a member of our team. Contact Solutions Counseling Center to learn more by calling (502) 384-2100 so that you can take the next step into the latest chapter of your life.